Returning to a local store location for The Paper Store is the quickest way to receive your refund or credit. Please follow the steps below to ensure a successful return. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Customer Service: (844) 480-7100 or via email.
How to Return an Item
STEP 1: Choose your Method
To return an item to your local The Paper Store, follow this link to Find your local store. Please be sure to bring your online order confirmation to complete the return. If you no longer have your order confirmation, please contact Customer Service: (844) 480-7100 or via email.
If you would prefer to mail your online order back to our Returns Center, please include your packing slip or a copy of your order confirmation with your return and mail it to our Returns Center. You will also need to fill out and include a Return Merchandise Authorization Form (RMA) An RMA form may be printed here.
STEP 2: Detailed guidelines for returns
- Customer must provide the original sales receipt, gift receipt, packing slip, or order shipment confirmation email.If you are unable to provide any of the previous items, you are required to provide your name, address, phone number, and get Store Manager's approval for all exchanges, store credits, or refunds.
- Most items purchased at ThePaperStore.com may be returned within 45 days of purchase. Items returned 46 – 60 days after purchase may be returned only in stores for a store credit.
- Items purchased online at www.thepaperstore.com may be returned at any retail loctaion of The Paper Store with the original packing slip or order confirmation email. All other refund and return policies of The Paper Store apply.
- Returned items must be in the manufacturer’s saleable, like-new condition with the original packaging materials (including the bar code/UPC label), accessories, and instructions. The Paper Store reserves the right to deny any return not meeting these guidelines.
- Items purchased at one of The Paper Store locations and carried out may only be returned at a store location. This excludes items purchased in store and shipped to home.
- The Paper Store does not accept returns on merchandise damaged by the customer.
- Alex and Ani requires an original receipt for return.
Step 3: Refund Method
Refunds will be issued in the same form as the original payment except as noted below:
- If a gift receipt, online packing slip, or shipment confirmation email is presented for a return, the refund will be issued in the form of a merchandise card for use in-store.
- Any refunds for items returned 46-60 days after purchase (online or in store), will be issued as a merchandise card for use in-store.
Store Manager approval (or Customer Service for online returns) is required for returns made without a receipt. A merchandise credit for use in-store will be issued at the current selling price.
Items non-eligible for returns/refunds or exchanges:
- Items Marked "Final Sale.
- Sale and Clearance Merchandise
- Holiday Decor Items are generally not eligible for return after the Holiday. Christmas items are returnable through January 15, 2023.
- Personalized and Customized Merchandise
- Gift Cards
- Hand Sanitizer, Masks, Disinfectants and other forms of PPE
- Food, candy, and other perishable items that have been opened
- Shipping charges
How to Return a Damaged Item:
- For in store returns: The original receipt will be needed along with the Store Manager’s approval. A merchandise credit to be used in store will be issued if approved. Please find your store location here.
- For online returns: please include your Return Merchandise Authorization Form (RMA), Shipping Confirmation Email, or a copy of your Order Confirmation Email inside your package and mail it to our Returns Center. If you have any questions you may call Customer Service: (844) 480-7100 or via email. Please have your online order confirmation handy when contacting Customer Service.