Feast your sweet tooth with the Stonewall Kitchen Blueberry Rhubarb Jam. It uses a combination of sweet, juicy wild Maine blueberries and tart along with fresh rhubarb for an irresistible taste.
- Suitable for breads, scones, and muffins
Jam Filled Hand Pies
Total Time: 75 Minutes
Skill Set: Moderate
Makes 1 Dozen
- 1/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen Blueberry Rhubarb Jam (or any Stonewall Kitchen Jam)
- Granulated sugar to sprinkle on top of each pie
Ingredients: For the Crust
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter, cold and cut into small pieces
1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoons buttermilk
Ingredients: For the Filling
4 ounces Mascarpone or cream cheese, room temperature
1 egg yolk
2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
1 egg white plus 1 teaspoon, whisked together
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or grease.
- For the crust, combine flour, sugar and salt in a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Add butter and pulse until it is the size of small peas. With machine running add buttermilk and pulse until dough forms a ball. Do not over mix. Wrap in plastic and chill for 30 minutes.
- For the filling combine Mascarpone (or cream cheese), egg yolk and sugar and mix until uniform.
- Roll dough 1/8-inch thick. Cut into 24 (3-inch) rounds. Place 12 rounds on prepared sheet.
- Top with 1 teaspoon each of jam and filling. Brush edges with egg white mixture. Cut small cross in center of remaining pastry rounds. Place on top and crimp edges with a fork. Chill 10 minutes.
- Brush tops with egg white mixture and sprinkle with sugar. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.