It’s the season for pumpkin-flavored treats, but we’re here to tell you to consider the other seasonal flavor that never gets enough attention – apple!
Apple treats are common sights this time of year, but did you know it’s ridiculously easy to make a seasonal staple right in your own home? Try out this simple but delicious apple cider recipe, and learn how to enjoy it in a fun way that you may never have thought of!
- 10 apples (all one type or a mixed variety)
- 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Peel the orange, wash and cut the apples into quarters, and place in a slow cooker.
- Add the sugar, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Add water, enough to cover the fruit.
- Cook on low heat for 7 hours.
- Mash the softened fruit, and let cook for another hour on the same temperature.
- Strain the liquid into a pot. Save the liquid, and discard the solids. Strain once more, removing any remaining solids.
- Serve warm
For a fun twist that’s even better for parties and get-togethers, serve your warm apple cider in a hollowed-out apple! It’s as easy as it looks to prepare: simply (carefully) remove the core of an unpeeled apple and partially hollow it out, and you’ll be left with a super-cute (and totally edible) drink cup.
Garnish with a cinnamon stick and whatever else you see fit! Yum!