Father’s Day is right around the corner, so it’s time to start thinking about all the nice things you can write in his Father’s Day card! Finding the right words isn’t always easy since every dad is different – does he like to laugh, or is he more sentimental, etc.? The best advice we can give is to simply think about what makes your dad (or grandfather, or whoever you’re celebrating this Father’s Day) tick, and go from there. After all, you know him best!
Oh, and check out our tips below for some helpful inspirations to help get you writing that perfect Father’s Day message!
No matter what kind of message you wish to write in a Father’s Day card, always keep the following basics in mind:
- Let him know that you love and appreciate him
- Thank him for all that he’s done for you
- Tell him to enjoy his day! (He deserves it, after all!)
Father’s Day Card from Son
- I’m so lucky to have a dad like you! You’re truly an inspiration, and I hope that one day I can be just as great of a dad as you!
- Dad, you’re such an amazing role model! Thank you for teaching me how to not only be strong, but to be kind, gentle, and understanding as well. I carry your lessons with me, always.
- As a kid, I always looked up to you and hoped that one day I’d be just like you. Today, I still aspire to live my life with just as much love and happiness as you!
Father’s Day Card from Son Who Has Children Of His Own
- Dad, thank you so much for everything that you’ve done for me. Now that I have children of my own, I’m finally starting to fully understand just how much you did and continue to do for me. I truly appreciate it!
- Thank you so much for showing me how to be a great dad! You set the bar pretty high, but I’ll do my best to be just as loving and supportive as you’ve been to me!
- Happy Father’s Day, Dad! Thank you for teaching me how to be a great dad to my own children. I hope that I’ll have the same kind of relationship with my children as we’ve shared over the years!
Father’s Day Card from Daughter
- Dad, thank you for being my original knight in shining armor! You were – and still are – always there for me, and I want you to know that it means the world to me. I love you so much!
- Dad, I’m so proud to be your daughter! I don’t say it enough, but you’re my hero and such an important part of my life.
- Growing up, you were always there for me. You cheered my successes. You comforted me when things didn’t go as planned. You encouraged me to be the best I could be. Not a day goes by that I’m not grateful for all you have given me.
Father’s Day Messages for a Friend
- Happy Father’s Day! Never thought I’d see the day when you’d turn into one of the best dads around, but here you are! Your kids bring out the best in you, and you’re all so lucky to have one another!
- Your child is so lucky to have you as their dad! I’m so inspired just watching you with [child’s name], and I know that they’re going to grow up to be just as kind and compassionate as you are.
- [Child’s name] is lucky to have such an amazing guy as their father. We’ve been friends a long time, and I see how they bring out the very best in you.
Funny Father’s Day Messages
- I know that I’m the best thing that you could have possibly asked for, but I still hope you enjoy this gift! Happy Father’s Day, and thanks for all that you do!
- Happy Father’s Day! I know that raising me was quite an accomplishment, so take a minute to pat yourself on the back for a job well-done!
- As your favorite child (let’s not kid ourselves, we know it’s true), I thought I’d take the time to wish you a happy Father’s Day! Thanks for busting your butt to provide for us. It took me long enough to realize it, but now I’ll never forget it!
Sentimental Father’s Day Messages
- Dad, thank you so much for always being there for me. Your love and support is truly appreciated, and I hope you know how much you mean to me. Happy Father’s Day!
- Happy Father’s Day, Dad! I can never thank you enough for continuously guiding me through life. I don’t know what I’d do without you!
- I know I don’t say it enough, but thank you for all that you’ve done for me. Your love and support has truly meant the world to me, and I don’t know where I’d be today without you. Thank you!
Father’s Day Messages for Your Husband
- I’m so lucky that our children have you as their father. All of your hard work doesn’t go unnoticed, and I truly appreciate all that you do for our family.
- Happy Father’s Day to our family’s Superman! You are a wonderful father to our children, and I am so lucky to have you as my partner on this journey. Enjoy your day – you deserve it!
- To my wonderful husband – happy Father’s Day! I know I don’t say it nearly enough, but I appreciate all that you do for our family. Your love and support is amazing, and our kids are so lucky to have you as their dad!
Father’s Day Messages for Grandfather
- Growing up, you were like a second father to me. You were so kind, patient, and understanding, and I treasure all the moments we spent together. What you taught me simply by being your amazing self, I will never forget.
- Thank you for being an amazing grandfather to our children – your grandchildren. They are beyond lucky to have someone as amazing as you in their lives.
To view our assortment of Father’s Day cards, click here >