They’ve made it! Through all the hard work and long hours of studying, your favorite student is graduating! This certainly calls for a celebration, and there’s nothing better than letting the graduate know how proud you are of their accomplishments and wishing them well for the future. One of the best and simplest ways to congratulate them is with a graduation card, but finding the perfect words to fill it with can sometimes be difficult (and a bit stressful, if we’re being totally honest!). So to help you out, we’ve gone ahead and gathered what we feel are some of the best messages for any recent graduates! Use them as-is, or as a jumping-off point to kickstart your own creative juices! Whether you’d like something inspirational & heartfelt in your message or would rather be funny & lighthearted, we’ll help you find just the right words for your graduate!
No matter what kind of message you write in a graduation card, let these three basic ideas guide your pen:
- Congratulate them on all their hard work
- Give them advice or inspiration for the future
- Wish them well
These simple basics will help steer you in writing your message to the graduate and are the ideal stepping stones from which to compose your own thoughtful message!
Next up suggestions on what to actually say when you’re trying to touch upon the above three basics.
General Graduation Messages
- Congratulations! You’ve made it through, and we are so excited to see all of the wonderful things that you will accomplish in the future!
- You’ve made us so proud, and we cannot wait to see what the future has in store for you!
- We’re so happy that we were able to share in your special day! Congratulations and best of luck in the future!
High School Graduates
- Congratulations on graduating from high school! [Future college] is so lucky to have you!
- [Future college / trade school / job] is going to be filled with exciting, new experiences! Enjoy every minute of this new journey! We’re excited
to see all that you’ll accomplish!
- Congratulations on graduating! We know that you’ll accomplish so many great things in this next chapter of your life and are so excited to watch you continue to grow!
- Congratulations on graduating! You’re going to be an excellent [teacher, nurse, etc.]!
- We’re so very proud of all that you’ve accomplished at [college / trade school]! Congratulations and best of luck to you as you begin this new chapter of your life!
- Wishing you the best of luck in all of your future endeavors! Your hard work has paid off, and we’re so very proud of all that you’ve accomplished!
- Congratulations to you on your graduation day! This is only the beginning of your journey, and we’re so excited to see where life takes you!
- “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” – Henry David Thoreau
- Now the adventure truly begins! Cannot wait to see where life leads you on your journey!
- Though your time in college is ending, this is only the beginning! Take in all that life has to teach you and always strive to achieve your best!
- Wow, that is one impressive piece of paper you have there! Congratulations!
- May the memories you made during your college years last longer than your student loans!
- Hate to break it to you, but that was the easy part! Welcome to the adult world!
Graduation Messages for Daughter
- Congratulations to our amazing daughter on your graduation day! We’re so proud of the woman you’ve become, and we look forward to seeing all that you’ll accomplish in the future!
- It’s been a privilege to watch you grow into the woman you are today! We know that you’ll continue to make us proud in all that you set out to accomplish!
- Though you may be “all grown-up”, you’ll always be our little girl. Congratulations on graduating! Know that we’re so proud of all that you’ve accomplished so far and look forward to seeing what the future has in store for you!
- Your dedication and hard work has finally paid off, and we’re so proud of you! We’re so honored to be your parents and can’t wait to see what’s next for you!
Graduation Messages for Son
- We’re so very proud of the man that you’ve become! Congratulations on your graduation day! We cannot wait to see what the future has in store for you!
- It’s hard to believe that this day is finally here! Congratulations on all that you’ve accomplished! We know that you have a bright future ahead of you!
- Cheers to new adventures! We’re so happy for you and are so excited for this next chapter in your life! Don’t forget to call home once in awhile!
Graduation Messages for a Friend
- Congratulations on graduating! I’m so happy to have a friend like you and cannot wait to see where this next chapter takes us!
- I guess all of those hours studying really did pay off! Congratulations on graduating! I’m so grateful that you were there with me through it all!
- Though school may have been hectic, I’m so happy that I had you by my side! Congratulations! I’m so proud of all that you accomplished!
To browse our collection of graduation cards (y’know, the best places to write all those messages we just mentioned), click here >