Whether they prefer a full-bodied red or a sweet, supple white, wine lovers of all varieties can unite today because it’s National Wine Day! Take some time to enjoy a glass of your favorite wine as you’re out to dinner or even just relaxing at home in front of the TV. If you do this most days, anyway, then try to enjoy it even more today! Do you really love wine, though, and want to do a little something extra on National Wine Day? Sip back and relax as we toss three fun & relaxing suggestions your way!
1. Visit A Winery
You love wine, but have you ever experienced it being made? What better excuse to visit a winery than on National Wine Day! There are numerous wineries all around New England, and many of them give amazing and informative tours of their facilities. They even offer tastings, so you can try new varieties and bring home your favorites! Some amazing wineries we’ve found are:
- Nashoba Valley Winery in Bolton, MA
- They even have Food Truck Friday running now through August 31, 2018 (As if you needed another reason to go!)
- LaBelle Winery in Amherst or Portsmouth, NH
- Not only are there wine tastings and tours, but they also have a bistro and an art gallery to enjoy!
- Taylor Brooke Winery in Woodstock, CT
- This winery is currently participating in a Passport to Connecticut Farm Wineries program, which enters participants into a prize drawing when they visit & receive stamps from a minimum of 12 eligible wineries. Fun!
- Sakonnet Vineyard in Little Compton, RI
- Sip some of your favorite wines while you enjoy a delicious meal in their café.
- Boyden Valley Winery in Cambridge, VT
- Take a tour, have a taste, and try some cheese – all in one place! They also have Sangria Saturdays in the months of June & July, where they create unique sangria recipes using their wines.
Host a Wine Tasting of Your Own
National Wine Day sure sounds like the perfect day to drink with friends! Invite them over, break out a plate of cheeses, and pop open your favorite vino to celebrate! Not sure which cheese pairs best with your favorite wine? Check out Aliza Kellerman’s blog on Vinepair for the best pairing options!
You don’t just have to drink wine, you can cook with it too! Get those culinary juices flowing, and try out a new recipe that features a splash of Chardonnay or a pour of Merlot! Don’t worry – we won’t blame you for enjoying a few swigs while you cook!
So, how are you going to celebrate National Wine Day? Comment below! Cheers!